Wednesday, February 02, 2011

HELLO!!! I AM IN PHOENIX!!!!

not the south pole. People - 34 degrees with 25-30mph winds (feels like 26 degrees) is NOT, may I repeat, NOT Phoenix weather. I had to break out a heating pad to create a bed for the little Anza girl, and even give Misty extra blankets. The good thing is, it is sunny. So now that I finished my outside chores down at L's house with the goats and such it is time to focus inside. I am thinking I will work on unpacking and storing my Christmas stuff. Afterall it feels like Christmas weather. :)

We are truly getting settled in, bit by bit. I never imagined it would be such a slow process, but I am trying to be patient with myself. I must say though I have finally gotten my Treadmill mojo back and am trying to be very consistent with it. I really want to get back in shape, so my blood pressure and breathing/asthma are not hassling me so much.

It really has been quite busy with multiple trips back east since buying the house, but now we have actually been settled in for 3 consecutive weeks - I have this month yet, and then the visitors will start arriving. Looking forward to Mom & Dad coming out, Dad will definitely feel like he is back on the farm. There is more fencing to be done, and reworking of some doors and tables. By then there may even be some grass to mow.

Sorry I have been so off the grid lately, but hopefully I will soon be back into some sort of a routine that will help keep me doing what I like. Been also doing a lot of research on my future dye business and have started the process of gathering plants, ordering yarn, and experimenting with some small dye batches. We shall see.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe and warm during this crazy, crazy weather.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you writing again, Cheryl. I look forward to reading more! Keep warm. I know you have awesome hand knit items to help you out with that;)

erinkristi said...

You will feel so much better when you have a routine again. Doesn't is make all the difference?

Mary in VA said...

Hope to be hearing more about your new abode now that you're settling in. Hope the weather gets more normal soon! Just think it could be worse - you could still be in Virginia!

Cricket said...

Oh, you got me! Guess it's time to start writing a bit too.
Look forward to more of your updates!
Nessa

Donna said...

Wow, I found someone like me! I went to Germany to visit a dear friend in 2002 and fell in love with it, the people, the humble nature of the people, how clean they are, and mostly the contrast to Americans. I literally dream of being there and want more than anything to live there. I live in Henderson, NV, right next door to you. I transcribe immigration proceedings at home for a living and when I have more time, I'll read more of your blogs. So glad to have found somebody else like me.

Anonymous said...

I'm here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me, I'm from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan to expand my evergreen group company it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance all hope was lost until one fateful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from a very honest man Mr, Benjamin. She introduced me to this honest loan officer Mr, Benjamin who helped me get a loan within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on my feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: 247officedept@gmail.com they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of loan assistance please come to this honest man and you can be safe as well .WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

Anonymous said...

I'm here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me, I'm from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan to expand my evergreen group company it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance all hope was lost until one fateful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from a very honest man Mr, Benjamin. She introduced me to this honest loan officer Mr, Benjamin who helped me get a loan within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on my feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: 247officedept@gmail.com they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of loan assistance please come to this honest man and you can be safe as well .WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)