Thursday, September 21, 2006

He's Back at Work

Yes, my DH has finally made it back into the world of the working stiff. Although this time it is as a civilian. A bit different for him. Me I am enjoying the return of quiet time (more or less) at home on my own. Of course right now is quite hectic as I am trying to get everything ready for me to be gone for almost 3weeks, plus work, and so on.

I have been knitting and working on mini socks for my 6month old niece, as well as drooling over yarn and patterns and such. I really must do something about selling off some of my cross stitch stash. But that won't happen until after I return from Germany.

Speaking of Germany, I am so looking forward to my trip. I will arrive into Amsterdam and meet up with my Dear Friend Rachael and we will do the 'Girl Thing' for about 3 days, and then I will return with her to her home and we will continue to do the 'girl thing' but in familiar surroundings. Am hoping to get the chance to get together with my other Friend Viv and maybe have a sit and knit one day. Then Rick will arrive and we will go to Cologne on Sat and meet up with my 19yr old niece who is an exchange student right now, and then take off for Southern Bavaria to re-visit some places we all saw when on big family vacation in 2003 (and yes for those of my European friends, that would be during the nasty heat wave of 03). Then it is back to Cologne and then on home to VA.

I am looking forward to good Friends, lots of walking, adventures and of course really great food.

Since Rick's computer is officially now 'a boat anchor', maybe I can get him to teach me how to plug in the camera and load pics to my computer. Unfortunately my puter is again showing signs of being schizoid. While I love computers for how they can keep us all connected, some times they make me wild crazy with how much time they suck up when they are not feeling well.

I will try to do some Blogging while away, we shall see. If not, see you all when I get back. BTW...I have pretty much healed up since surgery, just a bit of energy issues still remaining. Hopefully by the time I come home all will be back to normal.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I am so excited. Wednesday can't get here too soon!!