Sunday, March 04, 2007

...and then there is this


Here it is my very first Dish Cloth/Rag. It seems strange to be calling my hand knit item a 'rag', but that is what it is and what it is meant to be. Please excuse the center glitches near the top. After all this is my first attempt, and oh by the way I did it in 4 separate sessions of walking on the treadmill for 20-30 min at a time. I have found that I am capable of walking 3mph while knitting (in a controlled environment). Plus the use of 5mm bamboo needles helps too - a) they are big enough so not too hard to keep hold of and b) the bamboo isn't so slippery like aluminum.

Since this seems to be my most recent way of motivating myself to get on the treadmill I guess everyone can look forward to Dish Cloths through out the year. Plus it is a really great way to satisfy that desire to finish 'something' when working on other projects.

As I live and breath my dish cloth knitting will NOT travel anywhere with me unless there is a treadmill to be walked upon.

I am hoping to be able to wear Einstein to work tomorrow or definitely by Tues so there will be modeling pics soon.

No comments: