Thursday, July 03, 2008

On to the wall paper fun...

Hey Everyone, just thought I would brighten your day with some interestingly historical pics of what my kitchen once was.... or at least how it has been wallpapered over the years. Have I mentioned that I believe whoever invented wall paper should be shot?? Oh to have to remove that stuff...
So here we have the lovely 'chicken and duck country thing going on the border that was above the chair rail and around the entire soffit above the cabinets. The little pink heart stuff was below the chair rail and covering the soffit under the border.

The off white small flower motiff Contact Paper! was under the pink heart paper on the soffit, and under the chair rail section behind the fridge.

Need I say? THERE WILL BE NO MORE WALL PAPER IN THIS HOUSE... at least while I am still Queen.

It is all gone now, (until I move into the dinning room)

...and finally we have the historical paper that is behind the soffit above the cabinets:

I did say historical (or was that hysterical), anyway it was a timely find, Liberty Bells, Colonial Drums, Oil Lamps, and Tea Kettles. It all looks very 'Birth of our Nation-y'


As for the knitting front. Not getting as much done as I would like, but still making nice progress on Clessidra #2. Will try to make some major progress today and tonight, as I am a bit stalled in the kitchen.

DH is doing his part and getting the floor in place. I try to stay out of his way unless he needs my "able bodied" assistance. Speaking of 'able body', mine is healing fairly well from my spectacular concrete event. The palms are still painful, but most of the arm is fairly well on its way to be just lots of new pink skin. I am truly amazed that I did not actually end up breaking or seriously injuring my wrists. The only thing I can figure is that because I was holding things in my hands, and was going forward as well as downward - the force caused me to continue skidding forward and therefore I did not jam my hands directly down onto the ground but more of an angle. Rick said, but you said you wanted some time off... my response was that I still wanted to be able to knit comfortably, and if I had ended up in wrist casts, I don't think that would have been possible.

Have a GREAT holiday weekend everyone.

OH and btw, I am now the proud owner (or partial owner of a share of yarn from Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm). Rachael has said she would like to share in it with me, and if anyone else is interested I will gladly accept any offers of partial ownership.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the injuries seem to be transient!

I think you just inspired our 4th of July weekend project - at least peeling off the already peeling wallpaper in our bedroom. It is irises - and was hung upside down.

The yarn share is tempting. I'll have to think about it.

mamahokie said...

Love your bells!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are healing. WOW it must be awesome to see all those layers of history revealing themselves.

Hugs!!!