Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Ahhh Vacation...

I tell you it is truly amazing what you ca accomplish while on vacation - away from your own home, that is. I have entered quite a few of my loose floss items on my organizational software. If I had known I would get so much done I would have brought more. I do have some of my Cross Stitch patterns with me, so I guess I can work on getting those into the software as well.
I have also made reasonable progress on my knitted top, the one that I was all the way up to the arm-holes (past the decreases and heading into the straight part) when I decided to measure it against a knitted top I already own and saw that it was about 1.5 to 2 inches bigger in width and decided to FROG the whole thing and start over. I must say though I am pretty glad that I did because my tenstion is much better on this try.
We met the lovliest couple while here at the campground, she from Germany and he from the US. Although they only just moved back to the US 3yrs ago after living in Germany for 30yrs. We have had dinner with them (we just happened to have brought brat wurst with us) and then they had us over to make S'Mores over the campfire, so now this evening, we will grill here at our site and enjoy their company one last evening before we pull up stakes and leave tomorrow morning. They have a dog about Misty's age and the two of them love to run and play together.
The down side of vacation is that after spending much time effort and energy on putting his Wed night class presentation together, this morning much to his dismay and consternation Rick's computer has again decided to CRASH. I feel so badly for him. Hopefully when we get home tomorrow he will be able to restore it all in time for class. He did not bring his boot disk with him.
So any way...I hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July!!!!

No comments: