Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pics to follow...

Hi all!! Hope you all had lovely holidays with family, or very quietly enjoying your time. I spent a good portion of mine on the road, and knitting. My parents - especially my Mom was quite tolerant of my desire to finish my socks while on vacation.

So, I am thrilled to say that I finished my BFL Lacey Mock Cable socks - that, obtw ar for ME - while in PA. I also finished Rick's socks on the way home from PA. I am feeling quite good about the whole finishing thing.

Now the only thing I have left to finish from 2007 that was started in 2007 is Rick's Cardi. I am very edgy about this whole thing... as it just keeps looking small, but I am knitting to gauge, and the yarn is the correct type of yarn, and the measurements are all correct, BUT... I just have this feeling that it is looking too small. I have completed the back, and just started the left side today, and I am still wondering if I should just frog it and make the next larger size.

I will give it a day or two and then the decision will have to be made. I already feel like I have gone too far, in the that the back is completed, but not blocked. I am so afraid of it being too big, but by the same token having it be too small would be very bad also.

I am knitting this in Lopi 100% icelandic wool on size 8mm and 10mm needles (so it is a fairly loose knit). Can anyone tell me how much give there might be with this yarn after blocking??

I will try to post pics as soon as I have a few free moments which should come Thursday afternooon-ish or Friday.

Any and all help will be considered.
Thanks

No comments: