Friday, August 24, 2007

I need a vacation.......

Yes, Yes, I know, I just got back from vacation. Somehow or another I seem to forget that after being gone for 2wks - the amount of work, mess, and catch-up required is exponential.

I don't have any pics yet, as I don't know where my Beloved put the camera. When I find it I will post them. We have some of Sedona, and me with my friends, and then there will also be some knitting pics.

Sedona was absolutely beautiful. Much like the year we got married there, it has been a relatively wet summer (as wet as it gets in the high desert), but the greens were wonderfully green, and the red rocks had been washed clean and were incredibly brilliant the day we were there. It is just so peaceful. It was nice for us to just get away and be with friends and tool around on our own to some of our old haunts from when we lived in Phoenix.

On the knitting front, I did make quite a bit of progress on the shawl for my friend Annie, but not enough to finish it. So I will keep plugging away at it. Although there are two new knitters in the world. My friend Jan had already started teaching herself to knit and was open to trying continental knitting on for size. Not sure if she will stick with it or not, but at least she is knitting. She really liked the dishcloths I took to her. Annie on the other hand was a brand newbie to knitting, so I started her out with continental. She really started to pick it up fairly quickly. Plus we found a yarn shop in Mesa that really impressed me with all that they have available. They teach and sell spinning (beautiful wheels), and they also do loom weaving. It looks as though they have 6 small floor looms and have classes going on them. Plus quite a selection of yarn. Interestingly enough the yarn was mostly "clothing" yarn as opposed to sock yarn. This surprised me, as wearing knitted clothing in the Phoenix area has a fairly short wearing season. Even for those who are acclimated.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well and by the way a big HELLO to my SP. I got a note from here and am looking forward to catching up more with her. My Spoilee is very close to my same situation and age, but she lives across the pond. That should be fun for spoiling.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and hopefully there will pics soon.

1 comment:

PixieRose said...

Can't wait to see these pictures.

we need to get you cast on for the clessidra stockings.

~Jessica