Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First We Have Knitting Pics....

First we have my completed first sock done with the BFL hand dyed that my SP gave me from SP10. Really CJ, I promise there will be a 2nd sock! :) Next we have my oooohhh so diligent work on the Emeral Isle shawl. I am truly loving the way this is turning out, and am delighted that I am currently at row 167 of 213. In another 4 rows I will begin the decreasing process that will bring this lovely piece of lace to a point.
I really was going to thread a life line and take it off the needles so I could get a better pic, but alas I am too much of a chicken, and fear offending the knitting godess who might strike me down for my impatience. Hence I moved it to the very ends of my Addi Turbo Lace Needles and put it over a big throw pillow. Soon I hope, very soon, I will have the FO pic for every one to see.

Here we have my Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend (DAAGBF) Lace Shawl, which was my first attempt at lace knitting, and has been in time-out for quite awhile now. Although, last night I got curious to see just how badly I had done with it, and found, that now that I am more adept at reading the pattern of this particular designer, and know how to fix my errors, and read the knitting itself. It really is not in that bad of shape. So I guess as soon as I finish EI, I will bring DAAGBF back into the fold and she will again get worked on.
Last but by no means least, my Mini Monkey's. the socks I am bound and determined to make out of 1 skein of Lorna's Laces. If it works and I really like them, I may then be able to justify the cost of said yarn for socks. Otherwise, I will just drool over it and pass it by. This was an orphan skein at my LYS when she was re-opening the shop and so it was my opportunity to try it.
So there you have it kids, my current knitting status. Complete in pics. I must say though that there is also the Gentleman's Sock for DH in the process but I have not worked on that for quite a bit, and then there is the concept of the sweater that said DH wants. Boy that one might just do me in.

Hope everyone is well and Keep on Knitting.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Love the colors on your sp10 sock! Also adore your shawls and can relate about looking at earlier projects with a new perspective. I realized WAAAY after the fact that I read the chart for the Print o the Wave stole TOTALLY incorrectly. A year after the fact. Oi Vay! Yours are looking wonderful!

Anonymous said...

thanks for showing my yarn knit up, it's nice to see how it comes out.

WOW!!! You are quiet the lace guru. I need some of that lace mojo sent my way.

PixieRose said...

things are really coming along, awesome.

~Jessica

Queue said...

Great job! Way to go!