Although it has not yet been called for I figured I would get a jump on things -
1.What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
-So far I cannot say I have a 'favorite' yarn so I guess any and all are good for me. I have found that I am not really into the ribbon yarn type fibers and the foo foo yarns. I love hand dyed sock yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
-A Burt's Bees Demo Bag (sock needles), and original packaging, tucked in a zippable plastic bag, for all others
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
-I learned to knit Christmas of 05' and was taught by my dear friend in Germany (so yes I am a picker or continental style knitter) and I would consider myself intermediate. I have taught myself lace knitting, and enjoy doing all kinds of socks. Have not yet tackled cables.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
-I think I have an Amazon wish list and you can find it under my name.
5. What's your favorite scent?
-Fresh Lavender and Vanilla, I also like very earthy scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
-OH BOY do I!!! My favorite candy is European Dark Chocolate especially Ritter Sport Halb-bitter and Dunkel Voll-Nuss. In a pinch Dove Dark Chocolate is a good stand in.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
-I do counted cross stitch but not cutesy things usually more involved projects.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
-I like New Age type music, Classical, Country, and Celtic. My computer can play CD's but not sure about MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
-I like blues, purples, colors of Sedona Red Rocks, and mauves - the can't stands would have to be neons, primarys, and especially orange and green.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
-I am married to my Beloved and we have 3 sons that live with their mom (actually 2 are now in college). We have two 4-legged daughters Misty and Naya.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
-I do like scarves, but more accessory type than warmth type (due to where I live) not so much mitten, and no hats. Ponchos if they are light in weight might be nice. 12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
-Socks and Shawls (right now), but am finding I like the challenge of sweaters and tops as well.
13. What are you knitting right now?
-I have 2 pairs of socks on needles and a lace shawl, and am planning a cardigan for my DH.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
-Oh yes, as I know the love and care that goes into them.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
-I like both straight and circular needles and both bamboo and aluminum but not plastic.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
-Yes to both and am very willing to share its use with anyone.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
-I would say the one shawl that I started last year and is currently in time out on the needles.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
-Christmas as I am a Santa collector - anything neat or unusual
19. Is there anything that you collect?
-Santa's and unique ornaments, and of course sock yarn
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
-No subscriptions, (trying to keep the clutter at bay), books - any of the Yarn Harlot's would be lovely (except her most recent as I have that one), and Alton Brown's I am just here for more food.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
-I would like to be able to get better at what I am doing and learn cabling.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
-Yes to being a sock knitter and my measurements Leg Length 3.5-5inches; Heel to toe 7inches; Toe length 2.25inches; Heel flap length 2.25inches; Foot circumference 9inches. I wear a size 8-8.5 shoe (US) or a 39 (European)
23. When is your birthday?
-May 20th - by the way Emerald Green is the only color green I like, but only in small quantitites.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
-Yes, I just recently made it onto Ravelry my ID is knitstx
I believe that should cover it all.